One of the best parts of the end of the year is the chance to reflect on all of the awesome music that came out over the last twelve months. It’s great to have a chance to reflect on the songs which were the soundtrack to your celebrations, romantic moments, and even a bad day or two. Here’s a roundup of the five biggest party songs which had you rocking on the dance floor in 2012 – the go-to jams which always brought crowds to the dance floor. What was your favorite party song from this past year? Let us know in the comments!
1. Carly Rae Jepsen – “Call Me Maybe”. This one is obvious, right?! This song brought Carly Rae Jepsen to total stardom this spring, with its catchy beat and irresistible sing-along lyrics. Not to mention all of the countless “Call Me Maybe” spinoffs…like this one featuring Justin Bieber & co. or this one with a few Buffalo celebrities!
2. Fun. – “We Are Young”. With another equally catchy chorus, this song brought indie rock band Fun. to mega-stardom after it was featured in a 2012 Super Bowl commercial. It went on to break an airplay record previously held by Destiny’s Child’s “Survivor” since 2001.
3. Rihanna – “We Found Love”. It was yet another HUGE year for Rihanna. This song, featuring Calvin Harris, has a dance beat that doesn’t even compare to most other songs of the year. This is a sure way to get your party started.
4. Nicki Minaj – “Starships”. This was the year where Nicki Minaj let us know that she is here to stay. While most of her previous hits were compilations with other artists, this was one of her first stand-alone hits. Always a boundary-pusher, the video showcases her signature sense of style.
5. Flo Rida – “Wild Ones”. With a super-catchy chorus and mega-danceable beat, there’s simply no better summer song like this Flo Rida hit.
BONUS: 2012 Mega-Hit Mashup – See how many of the biggest hits from this year you can hear in this DJ Earworm mashup… there’s a bunch!
So there you have it! The biggest party songs of the year. Time to get your celebration on!