Buffalo Wedding DJ Blog
What to Look For When Hiring a DJ
With so many DJ companies out there to choose from nowadays, there are few things you should consider to make a wise choice and not have your reception end up not turning out the way you would have liked it to.
Consider the following points when making your choice:
- Don’t judge your DJ on price alone. For a good company expect to pay anywhere from $800 to $1200 depending on the number of hours you need them. Typically 5 hours is what you should be looking for.
- How you are treated when you first contact the company is also a good indicator of how the company is to work with. Bad manners and attitudes tend to spread across the whole company.
- Check out reviews on your company through sources like weddingwire.com and the knot.com. Although some companies have been known to pay their clients for good reviews. For the most part these are good sources. An even better source would be your venue and photographer.
- DJ companies offer a lot of add on products. Keep in mind that first and foremost you are looking for a DJ. Uplighting and Photobooths should not be the primary topic of conversation. Judge your company by their DJ talent, not how many extras they are willing to add on. Also be aware of upcharge items like setup and teardown and travel charges (under 30 miles). And remember in New York there is no sales tax for a private event.
- Finally: You only know if you got a good price after the event is over. If you got a bad event you got exactly what you paid for.
Well folks we are in the middle of Bridal Show season and the deals are flying. But are they really?
DJ companies will be spouting off about all the great packages they have put together just for you to save money. The question is, are you really saving anything at all but more importantly are you sacrificing anything to get that great price?
Well here’s a fact that some people may not realize. A company is in business to make money and not help subsidize your wedding. If you think you are getting a great deal, you are probably paying for it one way or another. For example you may be getting a great price on that photobooth add on but don’t realize that the DJ your are getting is making $15 per hour rather than a quality DJ who pulls down about $60 to $70 an hour. When you are relying on entertaining your guests for 5 to 6 hours, that $15 DJ may not be what you were looking for. Remember, the vendor can control the cost of what he’s selling you. Ask for individual pricing before you grab the package deal.
We encourage everyone to shop around and don’t make a rash decision at a Bridal Show. Investigate your vendors thoroughly. Use client reviews, talk to other vendors and get references. Entertainment is something you don’t want to screw up on your Special Day. That great deal isn’t going to mean much if it wasn’t worth it.
And for your convenience, please click on this link to look at our reviews
Signtaure Entertainment is proud to announce that we are now expanding our service for wedding receptions to Rochester NY and the Finger Lakes Region. Rochester clients will now get the same great service offered to all of our Buffalo and Niagara Falls client on a more regular basis. Contact us today on our website and check our availability.
My Husband and I were very happy with our decision to go with Signature Entertainment for our wedding DJ and up-lighting. The costumer service throughout the process and the ease of the website made it convenient and enjoyable.
DJ Sean was great! He was so helpful throughout the night. The music was perfect! The dance floor was full the whole night. He really made a big impact on how great the night was.